Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rules of the Debate

Yes, I'm making a big deal about the rules for posting to this blog. I think they are pretty simple and easy to follow. Please abide by them and you'll find that no matter what position or idea you advocate, I will post your comments or full posts.

Rule 1: Feel free to disagree with me, or anyone. It's a free country, mostly.

Rule 2: No cursing. Seriously, there's no need for that kind of language here.

Rule 3: No ad hominem attacks. Attack the idea, not the person.

These rules apply to comments. I will delete any comments that do not follow these rules.
If you want to be an author for this blog and provide full posts, there are a couple of additional rules.

Rule 5: Use correct English and proper spelling. I don't need it to look like an English professor wrote it, but do the best you can. And use spell checker; I do.

Rule 6: Back up claims with evidence, through links or footnotes. 'Everyone knows' or 'most people agree' are the tools of yellow journalism and bad scientists. Easily verifiable claims do not need to be directly noted. This does not include opinion, only claims to fact or quotations.

No comments: