Friday, March 27, 2009

Open Letter to President Barack Obama

Dear Mr. President;
This letter will be posted at changethedebate.blogspot.com as an open letter. So even if this letter never gets to you, it will be available to anyone on in the world that cares to read it. I will also be sending copies to my Senators and Congressman, The Speaker of the House, and both the Majority and Minority leaders of the Senate.
In the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you that I did not vote for you, I do not agree with any of your proposals, your vision for this country, or most of the things I have ever heard you say. The only points you've made with which I agree have been your points on personal responsibility. However, none of your proposals encourage personal responsibility, so maybe like so many things with you, those are just talk.
See, I've got some questions for you. I know you probably won't answer them, but I want to make sure they are asked. And if you actually have any personal courage, you will answer them. That's my challenge to you.
In your Online Town Hall you said that the legalization of marijuana would provide no net benefit to the American economy. Would you care to explain why taking a multi-billion dollar industry from the hands of criminals, putting it into the hands of legal businesses, and taxing it at high luxury rates would not benefit the American economy?
When you authorized Federal funding for new embryonic steam cell lines, you claimed that you would not allow Politics to override good scientific research. What about Global Warming? The American Physics Society has published a paper directly disputing the IPCC's latests findings. Arctic Sea Ice is at the same level it was in 1979 (when recording started). We are in a global cooling trend that has lasted 10 years now. With all of this information available, how can you be honest when you tell us that your cap and trade scheme is scientifically motivated? This amount of evidence in any scientific endeavor would be sufficient to prevent any action on a theory. Only in the political realm would such evidence be ignored for one's own purposes.
The socioeconomic portion of fascism is essentially keeping ownership of the means of production in private hands while control is in the government hands. Considering that we fought a major war a couple of generations ago against fascism, why would you approve Secretary Geithner to purpose complete fascist control over the financial industry? Let us not mince words, Mr. President, what Secretary Geithner has purposed is complete government control over the financial industry, not simple over-site. Nor am I attempting to suggest that you will engage in the strongman and brown-shirt tactics of control common to fascism, just that your Treasury Secretary has requested that level of control over our economy.
Why have you yet to take any responsibility for the mistakes made by your administration? Seriously, your people so far are looking even more incompetent than President Bush's did. And that's saying something.
Why did you think calling out Rush Limbaugh by name would be a good idea? You are the President of the United States of America. Rush Limbaugh is a talk-show host. You're supposed to be above such things. Have some respect for the office, if not yourself.
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more for you in good time. Let me be clear about this: I hope your Presidency is a complete failure. I have this hope because I firmly believe that your ideas and actions will harm this country far worse than the damage done by previous government action. I might be wrong in this, but if so, I want to see you, Mr President, explain it. Pretty words and good rhetoric will not work with me, Mr. President. You will want to provide real, non-political answers.

No comments: